Thursday, December 24, 2009

Seasons Greetings ...

... from Katie and the Monkey.


The black bird, by the way, was a gift ten years ago, I think it was, from my good friends "bellotoot" and "Mister Muleboy" (not their real names). Since then, I've lugged that loveable hunk of statuary across the Atlantic and through three houses and now it sits on a bookcase in my office reminding me that, in the words of Clarence the angel, "No man is a failure who has friends crazy enough to buy him a replica of the Maltese Falcon!"

God bless us, every one.

7 comments:

KC said...

Happy Holidays to you and Katie! I covet your falcon statue :-)

Maggie said...

Have a great Holiday, Myth.

I look forward to more wonderful and informative blogs, plus, I know I can usually get a laugh from your witty comments.

Who Am Us Anyway? said...

God bless back at you & Katie, Myth; and God bless Mr. Mule for turning me on to this amazing blog!

mister muleboy said...

If anyone had told me that giving you the big, black Bird would resonate for so long, I would'a given you the Bird years ago!

I kid.

Merry Christmas to you and your'n!


I love you two crazy kids. . . .

Bellotoot said...

I am behind my time. I was making rather merry yesterday. But I'd recognize that statuette anywhere! The rara avis. The dingus. The stuff that dreams are made of. By gad sir, I enjoy reading the words of a Monkey who writes about the movies! Of course, if you lose a movie blogger, it's possible to get another. But there's only one Mythical Monkey! May you and Katie-Bar-the-Door-Dakin-Bailey-Ofsky have an impetuous and Homeric holiday season before you dot another i, Mythical Monkey!!

mister muleboy said...

the prosaic bellotoot

Mythical Monkey said...

Teacher says every time a bell rings, bellotoot gets his wings.

That's right, Zuzu, that's right. Atta boy, Mr. B!

Katie-Bar-The-Door and I are back from a whirlwind two-day trip to visit relatives in Philadelphia -- her native sister and my transplanted brother (two separate families and households, incidentally, in case you were speculating).

I've got four blog entries to post by the end of the year, but none tonight. Back at it early tomorrow ...